Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What is Film Pig?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
What is Film Pig?
OK. There is a lot of stuff on this blog and it might be time for me to clarify a couple of things. First off this blog is all about films that I have seen. Many of them I am quite passionate about. I have good taste is film. So does Bruce Fletcher who was the Director of Programing of SFIndie and Another Hole in the Head and the Idaho International Film Fest. Many of these films here are films that are, in fact, Bruce picks for these festivals. Some are not. I will do my best to clarify the situation as I write the program guides for some of these festivals and, well, sometimes I even write about films that I am not crazy about. I call these "marketing" pieces. The idea is to write to get "butts in seats" for the festivals. I am not a film critic in this capacity I am simply writing about film and hoping that the maniacs who actually like some of these films will show up and be totally stoked. This is often the case. Once I had to write a snippet for a horror film I absolutely hated. I tried. I tried to watch this particular film three times. I hated that film. Still, at the festival I asked a festival fan who had seen nearly all of the films. "What was your favorite film in the festival?" He liked the film I hated. So, there is clearly a film for everyone. Yet still, my taste in film is incredible. So, *if* the writing is tagged as "program guide?" well, then if will be hard to tell if I LOVE that film. If I write about a film and there is no mention of *program guide?* Well, then you can be 100% sure that the film is absolute rock star and you should see it. What if it is both *program guide* and *rock star?* Hmmm... a tough one. Go see Jake West's "Evil Aliens." That is one of the best films you will ever see. Don't agree? Hmmm.. You are confused and we do not share the same taste in film. Do not read this blog. It will only upset you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home